Bruntingthorpe Festival of Cycling, June 25/26, 2022
The Saturday of the Festival is aimed mainly at encouraging new / less experienced cyclists living in villages and towns close to Bruntingthorpe to hop on their bikes and try some new things. There will be lots to come and have a go at and we are expecting a great day of fun activities, including:
- Bikeability level 1 (aimed at children and run by Leicestershire County Council)
- A sponsored ride around the track for local charity of the riders choice (one hour, get sponsorship per lap)
- A chance to try out an e-bike
- Fun and active skills session to improve your bike handling (aimed at children and run by our British Cycling accredited coaches)
- The opportunity for adults to try out cycling in a traffic free environment (guided by experienced WVCC riders)
- A 'have a go' off-road course (run by our British Cycling accredited coaches)
- A flying lap challenge (run by our British Cycling accredited coaches)
- Bike maintenance sessions led by local bike shop George Halls Cycles from Market Harborough.
The event is both free and traffic free, and there will be first aid support, catering and even an ice cream van! To manage these events on the site we are asking for people to sign up in advance.
Sunday sees some bike racing at Bruntingthorpe, with a Time Trial in the morning, and the AA Brown Circuit Race in the afternoon, with lots of local riders participating in these competitive events.
All the details, including how to sign up, can be found at: https://wellandvalleycc.co.uk/2022/05/24/bike-riders-of-all-ages-and-all-abilities-are-invited-to-join-in-the-fun-at-the-bruntingthorpe-festival-of-cycling-on-25th-26th-june/
Posted: Wed, 25 May 2022 12:54 by Terry Cane